Historically, the Healthcare industry has been quite interactive but relies heavily on legacy technologies that have lost support. Today, the Healthcare industry is plagued with these systems, which are tough to manage and support. According to a 2019 Forescout Research, which is a leader in device & platform visibility, 70% of all the devices and platforms being used by the Healthcare industry will no longer be in support as of January 1, 2020. When healthcare professionals are forced to use legacy systems, keeping track of all the patient records becomes a daunting task. However, this something that can be effortlessly managed by a Healthcare CRM.
What is Healthcare CRM?
Healthcare CRM is an online platform that can be easily connected to legacy systems or can be used as a platform on its own. It lives on the cloud and makes tracking of all the patient records easy, safe, secure, and shareable. Just like the CRM for sales professionals, it contains modules for healthcare professionals like:
Communication Module: This consists of features where you can easily track communications with patients, schedule and confirm appointments, and set reminders for each appointment helping in the effective use of time.
Task management module – Allows your staff to add tasks, assign tasks, view and update the tasks, and track the progress of each task up to completion.
Report module – Allows you to personalize and generate multiple reports, such as the average number of patient no-shows report or campaign ROI report.
Patient management module –Allows you to add and update patient records, segregate patients according to their conditions, and interact and communicate effectively with patients.
Major healthcare companies like Amgen, AbbVie, Stanley Healthcare are using Salesforce CRM for helping hospitals and patients to track patients’ needs and move fast to meet them. Salesforce health cloud implementation partner can help you get the digital transformation of healthcare which can simplify, unify, and streamline existing processes across the patient journey from patient admission, in-house care, and post-discharge management. The result is enhanced communication, care coordination, and staff productivity. What really matters in healthcare today is to move beyond the existing silos and take a step further towards the creation of communities, clinically integrated networks, and an overall culture of patient engagement.
Benefits of using a Salesforce Health Cloud CRM
While there are several benefits for using Salesforce Health Cloud CRM in for Healthcare Providers, we are listing the top 7 Reasons Healthcare Companies Need Salesforce CRM.
- 360 Degree View of Patient Records: Due to multiple legacy systems, healthcare professionals need to track several records into siloed systems making it hard for healthcare providers to spend more time talking to patients instead they spend their time getting their data from several systems.
Salesforce Health Cloud CRM can connect to multiple legacy systems and create a 360 Degree view of patient records into a single place helping the healthcare providers to make informed decisions and spend more time talking to the patient increasing in the patient satisfaction rates across the board.
- Coordinated and effortless Data Administration: A recent survey by Philips pointed out that 74% of the patients ended up retaking the same report and had to repeat the same information to multiple healthcare professionals. Most (60%) of them have also experienced repeatedly taking the same tests. The same report also suggests that 57% of the patients use their own personal connected care monitor but only a total of 33% only ever share that data with the Health care providers.
With Salesforce Health Cloud CRM, these problems can be overcome by making a centralized database and adding the personal connected care monitors to the platform which can easily provide healthcare workers important on-time data with major markers that can help make informed decisions.
- Increase Patient Engagement: Today the patients prefer to be engaged in the process. Some prefer to get their information on the web, chat, or email and some prefer to get the information through the phone. Salesforce Health Cloud CRM can connect to any time of communication helping the patients to be more engaged and informed about the upcoming lab results, appointments, prevention program which helps the patients to be more aware and engaged on their channel preference which can further help with the patient satisfaction and reduce costs.
- Automation of Workflows: A lot of standard workflows like sending prescriptions, reports, and delivery of medicines or devices need to be maintained at a clinic or at a hospital which can be easily automated. Salesforce health cloud can help reduce interactions to multiple systems and rather track all the operations and standard procedures from a single point of source. It helps in maintaining the operational cost down and increases the efficiency of the workflows, giving more time to Healthcare providers to talk to their patients.
- Increased speed and efficiency of Clinical Trials: For a long time, Pharmaceutical companies are seeing a rising cost in clinical trials. Factors like, more test sites, patient recruitment for trials, delays in report generation, fewer collaborations are on the rise which cost the companies lost time and market demand. Salesforce Health Cloud can help in easy recruitment of the patient for the clinical trials with the inbuilt tools that can quantify and evaluate patient suitability. It can also help in Realtime reporting on enrolment and drop-offs while predictive analytics can help in the next steps to improve the collaborations.
- Technology Standardization: Medical devices companies from a very long time are making devices that are not built with compatibility to other devices but standardization of platforms that are easy to manage, extensible, and can integrate easily with any homegrown systems are a major requirement. Health Cloud can connect to each point in a customer lifecycle like clinical, manufacturing, supply, sales, and service. With a birds-eye view in a single dashboard, companies can take actionable insights into the business and make interactions easily flowing into the systems. Healthcare Companies can make use of the Salesforce Health Cloud to build on top of the platform for their customers or internal team keeping the focus on innovation.
- Keeping HIPAA Complaint: HIPAA and other compliance norms are not all that easy to meet. A Salesforce Health Cloud simplifies the process of storing patient records in a safe way that follows various state and federal legislation. With the right CRM system in place, you can avoid penalties for unlawful data storage and negligent handling of patient info. With HIPAA breaches on the rise, medical facilities need to adopt a CRM to avoid penalties. The Salesforce platform itself is a HIPAA compliant platform. Salesforce, as a business associate, has to enter into a business associate agreement with covered entities on whose behalf it performs functions involving PHI. Salesforce will also enter into a business associate agreement with those covered entities.
A CRM system improves data security. Data breaches in the healthcare industry are on the rise, and you need to protect patient information by every available means. With a CRM system in place, you can set up access controls so that only those who are authorized can access patient information. Moreover, cloud-based CRM improves security because data recovery is possible after a malicious attack or natural disaster.
“How you gather, manage, and use information will determine whether you win or lose.” -Bill Gates
Looking for the right Salesforce Health Cloud Implementation Partners can be a daunting task, as consultants seem to be many, but keeping the cost of the implementation effective and managing the requirements effectively, can be helped. Small to large enterprises have their own custom business needs and it cannot be a one-size-fits-all solution. A good Salesforce Health Cloud Implementation Partner will help you manage incidents based on your business type, features, business vertical, or business type.